(New Exclusive Interview) Hairstylist And Make Up Britnee Kristine aka Honey B Talks Working With Celebrities
1. How long have you been doing make up?
I've been a hairstylist for over 10 years and discovered a love for makeup in 2010
2. What are the pro's and con's of being a make up artist?
Being able to be creative and totally enhance someone's look is definitely a pro and one of the things I love most. The cons : I think most artist would agree that the constant cleaning of your brushes and all the tiny containers of makeup can be a bit much
3. How does it make you feel once you have done someones make up and made them look awesome?
That is the reason I chose and stayed in this industry. Although we all want money truly making someone happy is worth so much more!
4. Who are some of the celebrities you have worked with?
Most of my celebrity clients come to me for hair services. I provide hair services for Maddam X ( singer ) , India Love ( Reality TV , Karen Gravano ( reality TV ) Janay Rice and Camille McDonald ( Top Model )
5. How do you go about getting celebrities clients and what are the pro's and con's of having celebrities clients?
Social Media and word of mouth is how a lot of clients reach out to me. I work on set with a lot people and have access to " people who know people. "
Having celebrity clients can be great for exposure and sometimes a big check but it really depends on the celebrity. Reality TV celebs tend to not want to pay and would much rather tag you on Instagram as a form of payment ( not all but most).
Traveling on tour can be a pro because you can see the world and get paid to do so but the disadvantage of that is if you have a family or clients, it can mean a lot of time away from home or your salon clientele.
6. What was the hardest thing in life you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?
The hardest thing for me was speaking in front of people. I was very shy and sometimes I still am. I knew I was a GREAT stylist and the only thing hindering my success was my stage-fright. My son definitely gave me the push I needed, there was no more room in my world for excuses. This was something I needed to get past and I worked daily at conquering that fear.
7. Where do you see your brand and career in the next 5 years?
my brand should be worldwide and we should have at least 3 salon/teaching institutes in NYC , New Jersey and LA. I should be teaching and speaking at least twice a week and working behind the chair only 2 days a week.