(New Exclusive Interview) G Owens Talks Music And New Project With Ceez World
iTunes Link: https://t.co/AOQs5GILvJ
1. G-Owens, how long have you been doing music?
For over 20 years. I started free-styling and wrote my first verse at the age of 15. I was also in the church choir growing up.
2. G-Owens, what does creating music do for you personally and how does it make you feel?
I've never really been good at expressing myself, and sometimes creating music is only way I can express my true feelings. When I'm creating music, I feel like I'm doing what I was destined to do.
3. G-Owens, what do you feel you music brings to the industry?
I feel like my music is the perfect mix between catchy hooks and meaningful lyrics - underground and mainstream. I feel like my music brings balance and positivity to the industry.
4. G-Owens, lets talk about your project "Sad Super Hero." What is the concept behind it?
It's a reminder that no matter how hard things may get or how low you may feel, you should always remember to somebody you’re a superhero.
5. G-Owens, what made you want to create this project and how long did it take you to create this project?
I created this album for my family, friends, and fans. I also wanted to get back to my HipHop roots on this one. This album is almost 10 years in the making.
6. G-Owens, what is the hardest thing in life you had to overcome and how did you overcome it?
Probably moving from the Bay to Arizona, and creating a life for myself with my parents living over 1000 miles away in Mississippi. There was a time when I was homeless and living off of selling burnt CDs, so to be where I’m at now is definitely a huge accomplishment.
7. G-Owens, where do you see your brand and career in the next 5 years?
In the next 5 years I see my brand being well established in music, art, and fashion. I have so much more music to release, and have just recently began creating and making my own clothes.
Stay tuned, because who knows what's going to happen next.